Brownie Bottom Cheesecake
1/2 cup/115g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
4oz/115g bittersweet chocolate, broken into pieces
1 cup superfine sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup milk
1 cup all purpose flour
1. Pre-heat oven to 350F/180C. Lightly grease a 9in round springform cake pan.
2. Melt butter and chocolate in a pan over low heat, stirring frequently until smooth. Remove from heat and beat in the sugar.
3. Add the eggs and milk, beating well, stir in the flour, mixing just until blended. Spoon into prepared pan and bake for 25mins. Remove from oven while preparing the topping. Reduce the oven temperature to 325F/160C.
2 1/4 cups/520g cream cheese
2/3 cup superfine sugar
3 eggs, beaten
1tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup plain yogurt (I used buttermilk as substitute)
melted chocolate, for drizzling
Strawberries dipped in melted chocolate, to serve.
1. Beat together the cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract until well blended.
2. Stir in the yogurt, then pour over the brownie bottom. Bake for an additional 45-55 mins or until the center is almost set.
3. Run a knife around the edge of the cake to loosen from the pan. Let cool before removing from the pan. Chill in refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight before cutting the slices.
4. Drizzle with melted chocolate and serve with chocolate-dipped strawberries.