Muffin? Anyone? Anyone?
It's a public holiday today, being an observation for Labor's Day. So, today felt like it's not a complete day without spending some time doing my favorite past time and that is - BAKING! So, decided to search for a good recipe for muffin and here it is!
Milk Chocolate Chunk Muffin!
Makes 11 muffins
400g/14oz plain (all-purpose) flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
170g/6oz light muscovado sugar
100g/3 1/2 oz butter, melted
185g/6 1/2 oz milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
For the filling: 150g/5oz milk or dark choc, roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 160degree C. Grease and flour 11 muffin tin sections or line with paper liners.
2. Sift the dry ingredients into a large bowl and stir thoroughly, pushing the light muscovado sugar through the sieve with the back of a spoon.
3. In medium bowl, beat together the milk, eggs, melted butter and vanilla with a fork.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and gently fold together with a large metal spoon until just moistened.
5. Gently fold in the milk or dark chocolate chunks.
6. Fold into the muffin tin and bake for 20-25 mins or until the muffins are well risen and golden.
7. Transfer to wire rack to cool.
Care to join me for a muffin and a cup of coffee?