I am in the mood to bake this weekend. No idea on what to bake but just wanted to bake something. So I posted on Facebook for suggestions and a friend of mine suggested Pecan Pie. Although I have been wanting to make this pie for quite awhile but some how, didn't attempt to try until now. Thanks to my friend, I finally made it.
I always thought that the process is so complex but to my surprise, it's so simple with not much effort at all!
Since my sisters and their family came over for dinner yesterday, I decided to make this for dessert. All of us love it. I shall make this again and again for sure.. it tasted like butterscotch but with just the right level of sweetness. Mmm..mmm..mmm!!
And guess what? Where did I get this simple recipe from? Wanna guess? If you have been following my recent posts, I bet you can guess it... yup, bingo! The Australian Women's Weekly! None other than... kakakakka
So here's this wonderful recipe which you must try.. you must you must!
1 cup plain flour (I like the crust to be thicker, I recommend 1 1/2 cups)
90g butter (if use 1 1/2 cup flour, suggest to use 135g)
2 tbsp water (3 tbsp)
- Sift flour into bowl, rub in butter. Add enough water to make ingredients cling together.
- Press dough into ball, knead gently on lightly floured surface until smooth; cover, refrigerate 30 mins.
- Roll dough on lightly floured surface large enough to line 24cm round loose based flan tin. Lift pastry into tin gently, ease into side, trim edge.
- Place tin on oven tray, line patry with paper, fill with dried beans or rice, blind bake in moderately hot (190dC) oven for 10 mins, remove paper and beans, bake further 10 mins or until pastry is lightly browned.
- Pour filling into pastry case, bake in moderately slow oven (160dC) for 55 mins or until set; cool.
3 eggs, light beaten
3/4 cup light corn syrup or golden syrup
1 cup brown sugar (I used 3/4 cup)
30g butter, melted
1 1/4 cups (125g) pecan nuts
- Combine all ingredients in bowl, mix well.
And today, I baked Chocolate Banana Quick Cake which shall be featured in my next post.. guess where did I get this recipe from? You sure you guessed it right? Well, let's wait till then ok.. :)