I love Mexican food. My family love Mexican food. Base case, we love food that has cheese and tomatoes.
It was a lazy Saturday last week and I was feeling a bit under the weather. Really wasn't up to cooking dinner but hey, I have three hungry mouths to feed. Thought of eating out but lazy to drive. I tell you, I was feeling extremely lazy on that day! All I wanted to do was sleep...well!
Anyway, in the end, decided to make a simple dinner. Since I have a pack of ready made wraps in my little pantry, I made the simplest dinner ever...Chicken Quesadilla. I didn't really follow any recipe, just throw in some chicken, onion, capsicum, cheese and that's it.
It's light but yet filling. Most importantly, I don't have to sweat it out over the stove!
2 pieces chicken breast, cut into strips
1 large yellow onion, cut into rings
1 large capsicum, cut into small squares
a few sprigs cilantro, chopped
1. Marinate the chicken with salt, pepper and barbecue sauce.
2. Heat olive oil in a frying pan, fry the onion, add in chicken breast and stir for a few minutes.
3. Add in capsicum and cook until chicken is done. Set aside.
4. In another non-stick frying pan, heat the wraps (without oil). Spoon the chicken mixture onto the wraps (while it's being heated), sprinkle cheese on top and lastly cilantro. Cover with another piece of wrap and carefully, turn it over until the wrap is crispy.
5. Take it off heat, cut into quarters and serve immediately.
You can serve this with guacamole or sour cream.