It has been a mixture of pleasant and bitter-sweet journey with quite a bit of adjustments made along the way. Colleagues of many years who became close friends, left with fond memories and new ones came along who can't quite fill that void. Learning about the passing of an old colleague which left me shocked and sad. Having said that, there were sweet moments where friends welcomed their first born into this world. We've had our big family reunion and holiday together. Most recently, met a friend who I have not seen for 26 years! It was so good to see her again. Well, as the saying goes, 'life goes on' no matter what happens.
I feel so thankful that I have my wonderful loving family who are always there for me. They are my pillar of strength. And a few good friends who are willing to go all out in helping a friend in need! Life is priceless!
I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank you, yes, each and everyone of you, for your wonderful, wonderful scrumptious food, great recipes and of course, beautiful photos too. Photos of your travels as well that brought me there and could just imagine what it's like to be there. Getting to know you and becoming friends even though it's virtually to speak but nevertheless, I've enjoyed all your posts and can't wait to see what you have in store for me comes 2013!
This shall be my last post for 2012. Hopefully I'll be able to entice you and hold your interest to many more wonderful recipes in 2013.
I've been on vacation for the past week and another week to go before I'm back to work..sigh! How boring! Same thoughts with my kids as well when the school re-opens on Jan 2nd and the days will be back to routine. No more late nights, no more going here and there shopping or visiting, no more playing till their hearts content.
Since I've been home, I get to at least prepare breakfast on some days. Most days we go to a nearby coffee shop to have our breakfast until we got tired of noddles. Here, I'm featuring two of the breakfast that I've prepared at home on two different days. The first one is the 'Toad-in-the-Hole' and the other is 'Blueberry Banana Pancake'.
Slice of bread
2 strips of bacon
1. Preheat oven to 180d C. Pan fry the bacon streaks till half crispy. Set aside.
2. Grease a muffin tray, place a slice of bread in the muffin hole and place a slice of cheese on top.
3. Break an egg on the cheese and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Line 2 strips of bacon on the eggs and bake till the egg is half cooked.
Blueberry Banana Panckae
25g butter, melted
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup plain flour, sifted
1 tsp B.O.S.
1 tbsp caster sugar
1 banana, peeled and thinly sliced (you may use 2 bananas if you like more banana in the batter)
3/4 cup fresh blueberries
1 tbsp vegetable oil
maple syrup, for drizzling
2. Place the flour, b.o.s. and sugar in another bowl and stir to combine. Add to the wet ingredients and stir well.
3. Add half of the banana and most of the blueberries and stir again to combine.
4. Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet and spoon in the batter; cook for 2 mins and once bubble appears, turn it over and cook till done.
5. To serve, sprinkle with the rest of the blueberries and bananas and sprinkle with maple syrup.
A Very Happy New Year to all. Be safe, be happy and be merry! Cheers!
My new year resolution.... to be more charitable to the ones in need especially young children and the old.