Anyone wants to have some Tex Mex food? I know I do..however, can't afford to have it in Chillies Restaurant, a popular Tex Mex cuisine in KL everytime I feel like having some. So, here's my homemade Tex Mex dinner with family. I tell you, what you can find in the Net is amazing. Practically anything and everything. Thanks to the wonders of the Net, my family is well satisfied and happy!! Too bad my BIL and SIL unable to join us - they don't know what they missed! Err...after seeing this, they'd probably say "oh..i hope she'll make these again and invite us"..lol..yes, my dears, i certainly will.
Apart from the Buffalo Wings and the Loaded Potato Skin, we also had Olio de Aglio (have I told you that this is my fav pasta?). I'll not tell you how the olio was prepared as I'm sure you guys out there are more pro than me in preparing pastas. There are so many versions and personal styles in preparing this, so I'll spare you the boredom of me telling you how to prepare a simple olio.
Olio de Aglio
Nope! This is not ice cream! It's mash potatoes.
Buffalo Wings (taken from Anchor Bar Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe):
This recipe calls for 36 chic wings but I made only 12 wings..adjust recipe to your preference. The wings are baked in this recipe below but I opted for the authentic wings by deep frying it before coat it with the hot sauce
36 chicken wings pieces - I separate the wings and the drummets.
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp salt
1 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 tbsp white vinegar
1/4 tp cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 tsp tabasco sauce (i used lots of this)
6 tbsp Louisiana hot sauce
6 tbsp unsalted butter
Preheat oven to 210dC.
1. In a bowl, toss the wings with oil and salt. Place in large plastic bag, add the flour. Shake to coat evenly. Remove wings from bag, shaking off excess flour, spread out evenly on oiled foil-lined pans. Do not crowd. Bake for 20 mins, turn the wings over, and cook another 20 mins, or until wings are cooked through and browned.
2. While wings are baking, mix all the ingredients for the sauce in a pan, over low heat. Bring to simmer, stirring occasionally, then turn off.
3. After wings are done, transfer to a large bowl, pour the sauce over and toss well to coat.
Serve with celery sticks and blue cheese dressing on the the side.
Loaded Potato Skin:
(Serves 5-6 pax)
5 or 6 large potatoes - Idaho or Russet
Bacon streaks - fry till crispy and cut into small pieces
1. Wash and scrub potatoes with the skin. Boil till almost tender, drain and let cool.
2. Cut cooled potatoes into halves and scoop the flesh out. Make mash potatoes with the flesh.
3. Fill the potatoes with cheddar cheese, top with the bacon and mozarella.
4. Place in a baking tray, sprinkle some oilve oil on each pot skin and bake at 210dC for about 15 mins or until cheese melts.
As for dessert, we had French dessert called Mixed Berry Millefeuille which will be the next feature on my post..here's the sneak peak pic..lol